Friday, August 29, 2014

Shake it off, shake it off (updated)

You know how little kids fall down, scrape a knee and dad comes in with a hug and says, it's ok - shake it off? The kid is near tears, he knows his knee hurts.  No tears - shake it off!  You'll be ok.  It's no big deal.

I can't stop crying.  Generally tears are frowned upon, aren't they?  Shake it off.

I was typing out all the reasons why I came to this point but it doesn't really matter.  It's just a moment.

I'm going with this feeling.  Ride it out.  I'm at home, tucked away.  I'll shake it off a little later.




UPDATE:

Next morning.  Feeling better.

What a roller coaster!!  Up, down, loopy, rightside up then upside down.  Man.  It's easy to try to close off feelings in order NOT to feel and walk through each day in a somewhat straight line.

Balance.  We're always trying to achieve balance in our lives, right?  That fine line between work, family, friends, how to do it all / have it all and be happy all the while de-cluttering your closets and making meals in less than 30 minutes.

I'm in therapy, learning to embrace the idea ALL feelings are not only valid but good to experience. Tuck away your feelings for too long and you end up eating a box of Lucky Charms for dinner.

My melt-down yesterday occurred at work.  When it comes down to it, I was lucky I got to leave.  I got to come home to Luther who is so patient and kind.

A new day.  We're going to the fair.  A pronto pup makes everything seem better.

No comments:

Post a Comment