Friday, September 12, 2014

Awesome night!!!

The fundraiser was a smashing success!  Isn't that how they say it??


First, let me promote the heck out of Adagio's Pizza Factory in New Brighton.

The owner, Michelle was super helpful.  The place itself has great divey bar food.

We're actually on a trivia league with some friends and family on Friday nights.  Definitely put it on your list of places to go for great pizza and a fun night.


Second, I have to thank my sister for keeping me on track. All through the planning stages, she was giving me daily lists of things to do, she was doing most of the work. Lately, I've been really forgetful, really off-kilter.  More on that in another post.  She's been my cheerleader lately and she really came through here.

<---  Ann - my sis - directing traffic at the bake sale table.

Third - we made $500 - yep - that's five hundred big ones on the darn bake sale!!  Can you imagine? On chocolate chip cookies and zucchini bread.

Actually, we had some really amazing bakers.  My brother's fiancee, Noreen, bakes like she has her on show on the Food Network.  Seriously.  We all love her a lot because she's a wonderful person but the baking skills... well... that makes us even luckier.  Another woman I work with, Debi, turned m&m's in to a work of art.  She also made these cupcakes that were adorable.



Last, I have to thank everyone who came. Seriously, as I type this at two in the morning because I can't sleep, it makes my heart all gooey and I get that cry feeling thinking about it.

We thought we had 80 folks committed so we rounded it up to 100 as the number to give Adagios, we'd rather have too much food than not enough.  We ended up selling 135 tickets. 135!!  Holy cats, I'm so grateful and humbled by everyone's generosity.

I know I am fortunate to have such a supportive group of friends, family, neighbors, co-workers.  I can be a pretty glass half empty girl at times because this whole thing feels so unfair and awful.  In those dark times, I will remember a night like last night, how much love and happiness and faith and support we felt.

It was an incredible night filled with amazing people.  Luther and I are so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment