Monday, September 22, 2014

How to not be annoying

Well, it's been two and a half days of togetherness.  I've started working part time this week, I'm going from 32 hours a week to 20 - 24.   I'm excited to be home with Luther, happy to simply spend down-time with him and not be rushing home from work, slapping a quick dinner in front of him, giving him meds, doing a load of laundry and then going to bed.

When I left work on Friday, it occurred to me I wouldn't be back until Tuesday afternoon and it was a mixed bag of feelings:  excited and happy to have this time, feeling fortunate that I am able to and a just a little melancholy (I know!  weird!!) that I wasn't going to be working.

I will say I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.  I'm bugging Luther every fifteen minutes:  are you ok?  What do you need?  Did you call for me?  Are you thirsty?  Let me put lotion on your scaly dry arms.  I think I need to trim your beard.  OMG!  Look at this hilarious kitty video I found online...

Mostly, it's awesome I can actually fix a meal, sit with him and have a conversation.  I cleaned out some of the laundry room and we could spend time together as I cleaned.  He helped make decisions so it was still a team effort!  It feels really good to be with him, to be relaxed with him and to enjoy his company without being so tired from work.

I realize I have to stop being a momma bear and find that line between thinking every cough is a cry that he's choking and just letting him be.

I do give my friends and family permission to let us know if we do get a little too crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment